Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Snake River Stampede

We went to the rodeo yesterday with Scott's cousin Josh and family. I absolutely loved it. It was just so fascinating to me. Scott said that he was a little bored some of the time, but mostly it was great just to get out and go somewhere together as a family. Katie loved the barrel racing. When the horse would come out she would start clapping and continue clapping until the horse left when she would promptly put both hands in the air and say uh-huh where'd it go. Then another horse would come and it would start all over again. Paul was more like dad. He fell asleep and stayed that way for most of the night. Here are a few pictures of the adventure.

I learned last night that the horses they used for bucking are bred to buck just like thoroughbreds are bred to run. Just a little food for thought.
Katie was enthralled most of the evening.
This act is called the one arm bandit. There is something wrong with one of his arms so he can't use it and the other arm he would use for the whip. So he rode his horse and steered with his legs. It was pretty cool. Then he corraled these two buffalo wherever he wanted them to go.
Paul enjoying his much needed nap. I was just shocked he stayed asleep, it was pretty loud.
At the end of the night, can you tell the kids are done?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic!! I love rodeos except that your bum falls asleep halfway through because of the metal benches.
Paul and Katie and sooooo cute!! We miss you guys!

Lanae said...

Awesome Tiffany! I am glad you guys got to go. You seemed pretty excited about it. How fun. Good for you. Thank you for your example. You are great!

Mandi said...

I'm glad to see you guys getting out together for fun activities. that must be hard with 2 little ones! I love the Rodeo, especially dressing up for it in wranglers and hats (it's the time that my inner cowgirl comes out). ..

kachers said...

I'm so glad you called tonight! KATIE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL NOW! I feel like I'll always think of baby Katie - but she's no baby anymore! And Paul - what a darling he's getting so big! Such a cute fam:> We miss you guys!

The Hemming's said...

Thanks for inviting us to go with you. We had a great time too! We need to get together more often. I went to an Awesome park in Meridian a couple days ago, maybe we can get together and go there. It has a little water park area there, it's really fun.