Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blogging for the sake of blogging

After I finished my previous masterpiece I began to think about blogging. But then I stopped and began reading comments to the last post I made. It's amazing the comments that roll out of the woodwork when you began to talk about the Jazz...and then continue to talk about the Jazz making people wonder, 'Why in the world am I still reading this post? I lost interest a long time ago because I'm not the biggest Jazz fan, but alas, I continue reading. Am I reading because the writing is so engaging? Or is it a train wreck and I am rubbernecking through the entire thing.'

Well people you have your reasons for reading and I have my reasons for writing. Sometimes I write so I am the only one entertained. Other times I write hoping to entertain other people. Hopefully regardless of the reason I wrote, and regardless of the reason you read, you and I both learn something.

Well, you read this whole thing (be grateful it wasn't too long) thinking I was going to go somewhere profound, but you were wrong. I was in the mood to write, and as I write this I am chuckling inside because you were hoping something good was going to come of this post, but instead I have just wasted your time. Or maybe I haven't. But again, you probably sit and say to yourself, 'He didn't waste my time.' If that is your claim then tell me what you learned? If you say, 'I learned never to read Scott's posts again,' then you would be missing out, because both you and I never know when a great blog post comes along. So happy reading. Don't worry, I am not conceded, I am just sitting at the computer writing whatever comes into my head. I suppose it is an exercise in free-writing. A cleansing of the brain if you will.

So to go full circle, this is Blogging for the sake of blogging.

Tiffany is lying in bed trying to go to sleep, and I wanted her to proof read this post before I clicked the PUBLISH POST button. Stumbling over the words I read to her what I wrote. I finished reading and realized I wasn't finished writing.


Also, I realized there wasn't a Jazz picture in this post. Now not every post I make will include a Jazz picture, because that will for sure get old. But since Ronnie Brewer is playing well, and he and his fellow Jazz-men rolled over the Laker's earlier tonight, like my pregnant wife's belly rolls when our baby son wiggles, I figured a picture of him wouldn't cause too much public outcry.

Personal? You want me to say something serious, and mean it? Well, I suppose I could. Since coming to Boise you have only heard from Tiffany on our blog. After all, the blog is titled Scott & Tiffany Evans, so I figure I had better contribute.

Working at Channel 7 is a great learning opportunity for me. I am surrounded by talented and able journalists. You know, as I write this, I am getting bored with talking about myself. I know I got out barely two sentences, but I wasn't having fun writing. I wasn't enjoying myself. Writing is about enjoying yourself, hopefully everything we do is somehow giving us enjoyment.

I am not saying we need to follow the desires of the flesh and adhere to every thought that enters our minds, but hopefully, we are doing something we enjoy, and if we enjoy it, then we should do more of it. That is why I love my job. Everyday is something new. Everyday I get to meet someone new. Everyday I learn something new. Now ask me what story I did today. You really want to know? Well, I did a story on the...optional sales tax and using it to attack a transportation deficit. Now before I cater to your thoughts about how boring that sounds, let me say, it took me a moment to actually remember what my story was on. Yes, it was more boring than I would have liked, and yes, some were confused about the story once I was done telling it. To be honest, I was a little confused and raised my own eyebrows at times. But my point is, I love my job. I don't remember what I do on a daily basis, but I love doing it. Every day is a one night stand. I do the best I can with it, then I file it away and move on to the next story of the day. The news that people want to hear.

Well, it's late, and my sleep as of late has suffered. So good night and for all those who speak French or have to read Jacob, Adieu. (So much for full circle) :)

4 comments:

Russ and Nat said...

Hey!! I just wanted to let you know that I limited the readers to my blog and I want to add you but I don't have your email address. Email me at natmonson@comcast.net so I can add you!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

IT"S NOT S FREAKIN TURTLE>>>> ITS A THE U OF L CARD BIRD>>>>>>

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

SCOTT GET SOME SLEEP>>>>>>>> you are starting to sound like the smothers brothers.... I feel like I just completed the mental olympics by reading your adendum to your previous novel... much love bro... forgive my speling... this stupid comment box doesn't have my much needed spell checker... no wonder blogging is free...

Unknown said...

My dear son,
how proud I am of your writting ability, with the abount of time you have to BLOG..I cann't wait to see the volumes of journals you are also writting for your family and future generations. Since my life is what it is I smile at your writting and love you so....
mom