Monday, October 29, 2007

A Tradition Continues...


Growing up in the Adamson family we would make little gingerbread houses (graham cracker houses to be more precise) every Halloween and give them out to neighbors or eat them or whatever the Monday before Halloween. Well we decided that it would be fun to continue doing that. So this afternoon we started and Scott was doing so well, about an hour went by and he had to get ready to go to a meeting at work so the houses were put on hold...by the time Scott got back home and I started working on my house again Scott refused....so his only ended up half done. He did however, take some very cool pictures of my house. A couple of which are at the top of the post. Side note...that picture reminds me of a camping post on Brian and Natalie's blog when Natalie said that Kyrie would easily have been Hansel and Gretel if she didn't watch her like a hawk. This must have been the candy house she was looking for. I thought it was funny. So anyway we have one and a half finished gingerbread houses and we are going to take them to a couple families in our ward. Katie and I will have to put some extra candy on Scott's but after it all I had fun and really isn't that all that matters?

Our plethera of Candy...
Scott's eager beginnings....

Working on my house
Katie wasn't too excited about anything except the graham crackers...I tried to give her candy but she kept throwing it on the floor. She is definitely not my daughter...she'll take popcorn any day though...must be Scott's.
Scott's halfway point....and final product I guess.

My final product...minus an extra tree and a few more reeses pieces.

Go Jazz....for all you guys that don't like the baby posts and the cheezy things that I write.

4 comments:

kachers said...

LAst year you let us in on your little tradition and we made houses with you! That was so FUN! Even though Ryan destroted his house on the way home - we ATE mine! YUM! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS IN A MONTH!!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

The houses look awesome... I hope who ever you give those to eat all of the candy, get really bad cavities, and have really good dental insurance... JK looks like it was tons of fun, and it was nice to have 'more pic less talk' for a change... ha ha ... scott, you still rock even though we will ride you for a wile about your novel... loves from da ville

Melanie said...

Glad to see we are back to the good stuff. Babies and pictures. Thanks. Looks like you had lots of fun.

Jordan and Jandee said...

what a fun tradition, I love stuff like that...aren't traditions the best.... your house is really cute too!