Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Universal Studios, Disneyland and Beaches oh my!

Well we are back from our "Babymoon" I guess you could call it. It was absolutely AMAZING!!! We started the vacation by dropping the kids off at Grandpa and Grandma Evans'...thanks again. And drove the ten hours to Los Angeles. Where we spent Sunday evening with Mark and Bekah. It was so good to see them and just chat. Monday morning came after the FIRST uninterrupted nights sleep since Paul was born. It felt so good to wake up when I wanted to. We were planning on going to Six Flags and drove all the way there only to learn that it was closed. So we decided on Universal Studios. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot too. Scott volunteered in one of the shows and he had the audience cracking up a few times. It was hilarious. Monday night we made it to Bobbi Mann's house. Scott baptized her on his mission, and she was nice enough to let us stay ALL week! Thanks Bobbi! Tuesday we went to the beach and I boogie boarded and swam in the ocean for the first time. I have to say I didn't like the taste of salt in my mouth but I loved everything else. Wednesday we spent the day touring part of Scott's mission. It was fun to put places and people with stories. Thursday we headed back to the beach and found all sorts of seashells and hermit crabs. Friday we went to Disneyland with Mark and Bekah and hit every ride we wanted to go on at least once. It was such a good week to go. I will say that they talked me into going on the Tower and Terror and it was FREAKY!!! I didn't enjoy that at all. Saturday we went to the LA temple and my old roommate just happened to be getting married. Then we watched the BYU blowout....GO COUGARS!!!! And headed back to Alpine to get our kids. Well Sunday we got in the car to go to church and found that the battery light was on in our car. Monday the car went to the shop and it ended up being a quite expensive fix! All is well that ends well though. The car works and the trip was a blast. I loved being alone with Scott for a long while.





5 comments:

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

I am so glad you guys had a chance to get out... Looks and sounds like it was tonz of fun. see you guys at christmas...

Love from da ville.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! I bet your kids git spoiled while you were gone. I tagged you! Check out my blog for the tag.

Love You guys!
:) Tiff

Lanae said...

What a needed get away for you guys. I am so glad you were able to go!

Mark & Bek said...

Thanks again for coming. We had such a good time participating in your babymoon. Can't wait until we can see you again.

Mandi said...

I am so glad that you two decided to take a break and have some time together! I had a MFHD professor that once said, "pay for the vacations and memories now. . . or pay twice as much for the marriage counseling 15 years later" GOOD JOB KEEPING THE FUN ALIVE!