Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tiffany Here--Home Sweet Home






It says the post has been done by me but the video is all Scott. You gotta love having a talented husband :)

So I guess this is when I tell the story for all of those that want to know. We now have beautiful Megan Rose Evans born June 28th at 1:03 a.m. So Saturday morning I woke up at around 6:00 a.m. with contractions about five minutes apart. Around 10 am we went to the hospital and they had me walk for an hour and they told me that I wasn't in "active" labor and sent us home around noon. That has got to be the worst thing to tell a pregnant lady. I'm sorry but you aren't doing anything...the pain your feeling is totally worthless. So dejected and rejected we went home.

I sent Scott to work and continued to count the contractions. I took a nap with the kids and would wake up to the pain every once in a while but my guess is that rest was able to get my body doing what it needed to do. So 5:00 p.m. rolls around and contractions are still five minutes apart. On it goes until 9:15 p.m. when Scott came home from work. We had about a half an hour to wait until our friend Melissa came to watch our two babies. So I went out to walk around the complex the whole time scared to death that I was going to go back and hear the same thing again. Not really in labor, go home and come back when it really hurts.
We left at around 10:00 p.m. and stopped to get Scott some dinner, you have got to love fast food (I know Scott does). And the moment of truth came around 10:30...the nurse totally played on Scott's sarcasm. She looked so sullen and I was sure she was going to send us home. But happily I was between 4-5 centimeters dilated and within 2 1/2 hours Megan was born. Here's the kicker...I only had to push for one contraction. That's right, just one. It was about the easiest thing, but I am sure the epidural helped out quite a lot :)

Now we have been home for a few days and I have to say the transition is happening quite easily. I am sure there will be lots of frustration and lots of hard times, but for now we are LOVING the time together as a family and enjoying having Megan here with us.

Oh, special plus for me I stepped on the scale this morning to see if I have lost anything...16 pounds down...about 10 to go. It's not very often you can say you lost 16 pounds from the last time you stepped on the scale :)

13 comments:

Nick and Melissa said...

I am glad to hear everything is ok. I hope everything continues to go that way. IF there is anything you would like for me to do just let me know.

Lanae said...

Congratulations!!! What a joyful time. We are so happy for you.

Julianne said...

You have such a beautiful, sweet family. I really am so happy for you guys!

Krista said...

Congrats, she is beautiful! I'm glad to hear the labor went smoothly, once you got in the hospital. Aren't epidurals the best!:) Hope all is well.

Patty said...

We are so glad that everything turned out well. She is a pretty baby.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

What a beautiful video! Congradulations again! I seriously hope my next labor is like that. Wahooo for you. Brogan's was NOT like that. Crazy how they are all different isn't it. Go TIFFANY!

Mark & Bek said...

That video is precious. So is that first picture. You guys are a great family!

Laura and Jared said...

Tiffany, this is Laura--I was your roomate for like a semester. I found your blog through Julianne! Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome. Life seems well for you. Check us out at lauraandjared.blogspot.com

Laura said...

That was just beautiful to watch, she's adorable! CONGRATS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet video Scott:) I cried! Just love the whole birth process. You guys are so awesome. Can't wait to visit these cute little nieces and nephew. One more month and we'll see you guys.

Love, Tiff & Dave

Dani said...

Congrats! Tiffany I'm so amazed at how calm and relaxed you are while in labor.. even when you're pushing. I take it you had an epidural and it worked like it was supposed to. I had one with Jordan but it didn't help much. Good to see you're all well.

Scott and Jamie said...

Congrats, she is beautiful. Good to hear everything went well.

Jordan and Jandee said...

okay you basically look like a superstar in this video Tiff! I can't believe how poised you are in childbirth....amazing. She is beautiful!