Sunday, May 23, 2010

It just hit me!

So as I was looking at pictures of Scott, me and the kids I realized something.

I am not a kid anymore. I just got home from a week in Spokane with my family and I saw all of the kids that I used to babysit. They are graduating from high school! I didn't realize I grew up.

I also realized it when I did my 10K. I have just always thought of myself as sporty. Able to go out and do anything whenever I wanted to. You know like teenagers can. So I only ran 2 times the last 3 weeks before the race and the day after I was hurting. Since when does that happen.

I also have a daughter who will be four in 4 months!


WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? When did I become an adult?

You know what though...it's not a bad thing. I love my life, I love my family and we are living and learning and growing together.


Guess you have to gr0w up sometime.

8 comments:

Scott and Jamie said...

Just wait until you hit 28 like me... I'll be 30 when we move from here, and that makes me feel old!

George and Kelly Midbust said...

It is crazy how fast time goes. How did the 10k go? I was thinking about you that day.

Emily Morgan said...

I just want you to know that growing "up" and growing "older" are two very different things. :)

Sorry we didn't get to chat about your trip yesterday...we'll have to catch up soon!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I have had many of those moments. Kids I used to babysit are graduated, married and having children already. I can't believe in a year and a half I will be 30!

Mark & Bek said...

Does that mean I'm a grown up too? Sometimes I am baffled that there are two human beings that depend completely on me and Mark to make their decisions. Are we way too young to have this kind of responsibility?

Krista said...

Wow, I totally understand. We just came back to Spokane and people I used to babysit are getting married! Where did the time go?

Taber & Rebecca said...

Hey Tiffany! For some reason I was thinking about you today and decided to stalk you down. I lived below you in Raintree, so I hope you remember me. I'm happy to see you're doing well and that you have a beautiful family!

Dani said...

I'd like to feel grown-up! Even with two kids (4 and 2), I still feel like a teenager! Maybe because everyone tells me I look like I'm 16??