Sunday, January 13, 2008

James Edwards Evans is finally here!



Well, let me take a step back for you, and take you back to January 12, 2008 - 2:00am. Tiffany woke me up with contractions 5 minutes apart, but no worry, we've done this before. Tiffany knew they were the real thing because of the pain, but she also knew we were several hours away from going to the hospital, so I went back to bed - she on the other hand couldn't. 8:00 am rolls around and Katie is up, we're both up and the contractions are steady, so we decided to go on a walk. We had breakfast at Burger King - and yes, I had coupons - then we walked home and got here around 9:30am.

I then came upstairs and slept while Tiff did something on the computer - remember the husband's role in the birth of his child can be just as straining on him as it is on the mother, and I wanted to be at the top of my game, plus, if we ended up not going I had a full day of work.

Well, time to get ready for work rolled around and Tiffany didn't feel it was necessary to have me stay home with her, so I went to work. Blah, blah, blah, I was at work, and finally came home to Tiffany a little after 5:00 pm because she felt it was time to go to the hospital. So we dropped Katie off with some friends of ours (Scott and Jamie Thompson) then went to the hospital.

We checked in and the lady who admitted us looked at us funny thinking that Tiffany wasn't really in labor with how calm she was, she also didn't like my jokes (I guess there's a first for everything). Well, we went into a room, and they hooked T-diddy up to some monitors and then checked her. Her contractions were 3 minutes apart and she was 90% dilated, and 5 cm. Great news! We didn't have to go home. Bad news! His head wasn't down low enough. They sent us to another room for the delivery - I turned on the Patriots/Jaguar game while about 7 RNs and Doctors came in to give Tiffany ultrasounds to find where the baby is. Well, long story short, his butt was where is head was supposed to be. No, he isn't a butt head - but he was breach, so we had to do a c-section.

Tiffany started to cry, I held it in trying to be strong because that's what men are supposed to do right? She wasn't scared about the procedure, but worried about how she was going to take care of Katie, I on the other hand was worried something was going to happen to her.

Well, as you can see from the pictures, it went perfect. He still came out butt first, but what can you do? I was able to be in the room while it happened and took some stellar pictures, some too graphic for young eyes, but really cool none the less.

We decided on James Edwards Evans if you didn't already know. James is the first name of my (Scott) mother's father, and Edwards is my (Me, Scott again) father's middle name, and Evans is after my parent's last name, and my dad's parents as well, and ... we'll if you need me to go further, email me and I can draw you a family tree.

Katie and James met for the first time around 1:00 pm today, and Katie loved it. She wanted to hold him and love him, and she's going a great job as a big sister, she even supports his head. At that age the biggest problem is loving the little one too much, and Katie is doing that. He doesn't know how to play with her yet, so when she tries to do patty-cake with him, he just cries instead. She also is obsessed with pointing out his nose over and over again. I don't think she realizes that Tiffany and I are well aware of where his nose is - as a matter of fact we can name more body parts than she can. When we James started to get hungry I tried to take him from Katie, and she screamed and cried and held on to him even tighter. She loves having a REAL baby in the house, and we are excited to have kid'S'.

Well, if we haven't called you I am sorry, with 15 kids in my family and 10 in hers and the million friends we have - we won't be able to call everyone, but if you want to call us feel free, we'd love to hear from any and all of you. You can call me at (208) 608-8496 or Tiffany at (208) 608-8476.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Go Jazz

8 comments:

Lanae said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! We'd be glad to serve you in any way!

Laura said...

CONGRATS Evans family! He's beautiful!!

Jordan and Jandee said...

Hope the recovery isn't too crazy for you Tiff....we are so excited you guys are a family of four!

melis & aaron said...

congrats!!!! i am so happy that she finally had him! Also, i need to tell you, scott...the pictures of slicing and blood! HELLOOO??? warn us!!! I was eating my lunch! i couldn't even get to the cute baby pictures b/c i thought i'd lose my doritos! so, thanks. :) CONGRATS! please post some singular actual baby photos...please! i don't know if my stomach can handle tiffany's stomach being cut open. gracias. :)

Lisa C said...

Congratulations! and good name choice!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looks like his Daddy! Nice gory pictures and cute pics! We love you guys and wish we could see you soon!!!

Julian said...

Yeah A Baby!

Mandi said...

We are so happy for you!!!!! Paul is a cutie! Blake and Mandi