Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Last night we went to our ward Trunk or Treat. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Katie was our little ladybug. She was so cute. By the end of the night she was quite effective at trunk or treating. She would run from one car to the other grab the bowl and pull it down so she could see in, grab a few pieces of candy and put them in the bag that I was holding for her. It was so cute! I dressed up as the pregnant hillbilly...didn't really need a costume I guess. It was fun. Scott was of course a news man. He was only able to come for about 45 minutes but he definitely left his mark. The men in the ward had a chili cook off. Scott signed up and made chili for the first time in his life. It turned out really good. He ended up getting third place out of 12 or 13 pots of chili! I told him that he should be the one that cooks from now on.
I'll put the recipe on in case anyone wants to try it. It was a little spicy for my taste buds so if you don't like the spice you can alter it to fix it.

Scott's award winning chili! The pot was full at the beginning of the night...by the end it was one of the few pots that were scraped clean.

Scott's Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 lb hot sausage
4 cups tomato juice
30 ounces tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Cook up the meats and then just throw it all in a pot. Simmer for an hour and a half...enjoy.
He found the recipe on cooksrecipes.com but ended up changing a couple of things. What I wrote down was the variation. The title is Rich and Meaty Chili on the internet if you want to find the original.
Doesn't he look so excited? I made him get the picture :0)
Katie was so much fun! The only time she would wear the hat was for the picture. I put two pig tails in her hair right on top of her head so it looked like she had antennas without the hat on. Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Pictures Tiff. I won the award for best taste at our chili cookoff. I made up the recipe the day before and the new Sister missionaries were the judges. I was shocked I had won. Good times!
Anyways,We hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks. We are excited!!!
Love, Tiff

Gary said...

Chili Rules, Scott do you think you could Fed Ex me some.

Gary

Gary said...

Chili Rules, Scott do you think you could Fed Ex me some.

Gary

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

What a cute lady bug katie is! Love you guys!

Justin said...

Man that was the best chili I ever had!!!!!

Jared and Leslie said...

Hello! Katie is the sweetest little lady bug i've ever seen! oh she is precious! Tiff you are the cutest preg hillbilly! And scott your costume was very origional! I'm so impressed with the Chili, i love trying new recipies... we will definatly try this one! Love you guys so much!
JLM

Celeste said...

Hey Tiffany! Great blog! Your little girl is very cute and congrats on the one coming!