Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One Exciting Week

Okay, so the week started last Sunday with my brother Dave, his wife and four kids meeting us at church on Sunday. They stayed with us through Tuesday morning. It was so much fun. We watched movies, played the wii, went and played in the church gym...had a trip to the hospital...everything turned out okay. One of Dave's kids had a problem with her eye. They got it taken care of. We even went to work with Scott and Dave, Michael and Sarah had a little photo shoot. It was really good to see them! So after they left on Tuesday morning I watched a four week old for a few hours and got to see what it is going to be like with two kids. It wasn't too bad Katie just wanted to touch the baby the whole time. I wonder how long it will take for that to wear off when we have a baby around ALL the time.
So Wednesday comes along and I clean up the house and that evening along comes...Mark and Jody! They came and stayed with us for Thanksgiving. It was awesome. Wednesday night Mark went and saw Scott at work while Jody and I made the pies for Thanksgiving...and when I say the two of us made them I really mean it was mostly Jody. Thanksgiving comes and we make the whole turkey dinner. It turned out really good. Scott said the only thing that was wrong with it was not everything could be hot hot because we only have one oven. The meal was great and we have been enjoying the leftovers ever since. (We went shopping for the turkey a little late and ended up with almost a 19 pounder) My fault. So we load the dishwasher and much to our surprise it stopped working. Great time for it! We left everything alone and went back to enjoying the day. Friday morning Mark, Jody and I got into the spirit of Black friday and left at around 4:45 in the morning and got back around 9. I ended up spending less than I saved so it was worth it for me. Saturday morning we lost our house guests and in came the dishwasher repair man...long story short I am washing by hand for a week and a half...we are waiting for a part to come in.
And Sunday we got to do one of my favorite things. Here is our lovely Christmas tree. I love Christmas time. We listened to the music and everything. It was a lot of fun...Scott watched Katie and I put the whole thing up, decorate and everything and he helped Katie with
the star. It was one crazy week and we had a ton of fun with everyone that came to visit.

2 comments:

Scott and Jamie said...

It was fun hanging out with you guys last night... seeing your tree makes me want to get mine up too, but I have to wait for (my) Scott to have a spare moment to help out with the traditional fun!

Dave said...

Scott & Tiff,

It was a great week! Thanks for having us...too bad about the dishwasher! We love you guys!

Tiff and Dave