Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tagged

Well, 'J' apparently tagged me, so I must comply. I don't know the rules, and even if I did I can't promise I would follow them. As with most of my posts, I don't know how long it will be before I get bored with writing, because I write until I get bored, and usually people get bored long before I am done, so here is my tag post.

1. I love to talk/teach in front of large or small groups. Give me a topic (but it isn't required) and the amount of time you want me to talk and I will go. I rarely get nervous talking in front of large groups. I actually look for opportunities to do it and I love it.


This leads me into number 2.

2. Where I thrive in speaking situations, I hate being in front of large or small crowds doing anything musical. Quick example. When I was a Deacon I was asked to lead the music in Priesthood. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was wearing a white shirt and tie, sitting with my friends. Bishop what's his name asked me to lead the music. I tried to get out of it, but no go. I realized no one really pays any attention to the person up there leading, especially the one playing the piano or organ. The one playing really goes at the pace they want and it is the job of the person conducting to keep up with them. The other reason there is a conductor is to give those singing something to look at. If there was no conductor people's minds would wonder and they would forget with they are doing. Anyway, I got up there and the second the electric piano began to play the sweat began to dance to the beat. I don't think any of this sweat was visible, but I sure felt it. I'm talking about pit sweat, and a lot of it. Remember the old Sure deodorant commercials? Well, if I was in that commercial at that time I would be unsure. So I refuse to lead music to this day even though I can, and I am terrified to play my violin in front of people as well, I just don't like to do it. My wife has only see me play a few times, that tells you how much I don't like it.

3. I just pulled part of a wart out of my wife's foot with needle nose pliers. That was fun. She is a baby, she wouldn't let me pull the rest because she was afraid she would lose too much blood.
4. My 18th birthday sucked. Lone Peak Soccer team 2000 hates me to this day and Lincoln Westcott is my best friend. Those who know what I am talking about know why I got offers to play soccer for colleges around the country.

5. Friendship. I value a good friendship like you wouldn't believe. If you are a friend yet only take, our friendship will be/is probably short lived. I view friendships this way: A friend is someone that would do anything for you at any time of the day or night when you are in need, and you would do the same for them. If that isn't the case, then that friendship is doomed to fail. If the friend doesn't care about me enough to give, then why should I care enough to give to them. I have many friends that fall into this category, and family is included. Those friends know who they are.

6. I have a twin.
As much as he believes that is true I do as well. Yes there are 17 years between us, but there is a bond. We look alike, we act alike and at times we talk alike. I have a deep unexplainable love for him, and when he is sad I am sad, and we can feel it. We love each other. I am not sure if we bonded because we look alike or if the bond was there before we realized the physical similarities, but the bond is there and it is real, and I know it goes well beyond this life.

7. I love popcorn. The biggest mistake my wife has ever made when it comes to our food budget was to buy me a popcorn maker for Christmas last year. We go through butter, popcorn, oil and salt faster than you wouldn't believe. We moved to Boise with over 2 gallons of cooking oil, we now have about 1/4 of a gallon of oil left. (Granted some of that oil went to making egg rolls and home made french fries, but trust me, I love it.)

8. I love my job. I love talking to people and reporting the things that are important to a community. I love being a person that people look to for an example. I like leading, and this job allows my personality to come out.

9. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love serving in the church. I love helping people become better. Church on Sunday is fun to me.

Well, there you go. That is me being tagged. I know I could do the blanket tag, but that is weak sauce. So if the words Horned Frogs, Vi swa (I know I don't know French), mean anything to you, then consider yourself tagged, and if you think you know what that means, then you can be tagged too.

p.s. 10. All my love. :)

4 comments:

Jared and Leslie said...

Yeah! Scott got tagged! You are a really funny writer! I really love reading your blogs~ I think I really appreciate your humor because we come from the same family... sometimes I am the only one laughing at my jokes, I think I am so funny sometimes :) Oh and Tiff :) I think you were the one that changed your background, and I totally love it! Where did you find that it is so cute!
Love you all so much!
JLM

Dan said...

I can't believe how big your little twin is getting!

Russ and Nat said...

Scott, I am so proud of you.....not only do you blog, but you participate in "tags" go you! What is your address? I am getting ready to send Christmas cards.....

Russ and Nat said...

Scott, I am so proud of you.....not only do you blog, but you participate in "tags" go you! What is your address? I am getting ready to send Christmas cards.....